Newton, Mass.- Senior Mary Kate O'Day (Berlin, Mass.) scored 26 points Tuesday evening to lead Framingham State University to a 93-70 victory over Lasell University in non-conference women's basketball action at the Lasell Athletic Center
- Score: Framingham State 93, Lasell University 70
- Records: Framingham State (4-1), Lasell University (4-2)
- Location: Lasell Athletic Center - Newton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Amanda Ortiz (Newton, Mass.) led all scorers with 27 points and 12 rebounds for Lasell. Junior Precious Montgomery (Bridgeport, Conn.) added 16 points and junior Precious Montgomery (Bridgeport, Conn.) chipped in with 10.
- O'Day was one of four Rams to reach double figures in scoring, as senior Emily Velozo (Tewksbury, Mass.) scored 19 points, freshman Flannery O'Connor (Amesbury, Mass.) contributed 15 points and 11 rebounds, and senior Julia Sanborn (Dracut, Mass.) was good for 12 points.
- Framingham State led 22-19 after one quarter, but stretched the lead in the second frame by outscoring the Lasers 31-21 to take 53-40 lead at the intermission. O'Day had 25 of her points in the opening 20 minutes of the contest, while Ortiz and Montgomery had 10 each for the hosts.
- The Rams pulled away to a 64-44 margin early in the third quarter, and held a comfortable 73-59 advantage after three. The Lasers scored the first seven points of the fourth quarter to cap a 12-point run that pulled the team to within seven points (73-66) with eight minutes remaining, but the visitors answered with an 11-2 run to pull back ahead 84-68 before running out the clock.
The Lasers are home again this Sunday, December 1, with a non-conference affair against Mitchell College at 2 p.m. Framingham State is back on the court next Tuesday, December 3, with a home game against Becker College at 6 p.m.
*Release courtesy of Lasell sports information