Oneonta, NY.- The Framingham State men's soccer team was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament by nationally eighth ranked Messiah College by a score of 6-1 on Saturday afternoon on the campus of SUNY Oneonta.
- Score: Messiah 6, Framingham State 1
- Records: Messiah College (17-2-2), Framingham State (11-9-2)
- Location: Red Dragon Field – Oneonta, NY
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons jumped on the board early scoring in the third minute when Lucas Kokolios finished a nice pass from Ben Lefever.
- The Falcons took advantage of a Rams foul in the 18 and converted on a penalty kick in the 24thminute to extend the lead to 2-0.
- After getting some momentum and a couple good looks for Gustavo Cassemiro and Andre Oliveira but the Falcons scored in the final minutes of the first frame when Matt McDonald headed in a cross off the foot of Christian Valen.
- The Falcons started the second frame in similar fashion finding the back of the net after a long pass from Ben Lefever drew out the Rams keeper and a nice move by Micah Fitz left the net wide open for him.
- Messiah added on in the 53rd minute when Trevor Gooding controlled the ball in the box and shot over the goalie's head.
- The Rams finally broke through in the 60th minute when Gustavo Cassemiro dribbled the ball through the box around a defender and sent a strike into the back of the net.
- The Falcons added a score in the 85th minute when Joseph Cianociotta scored off a corner play from Chris Sepessy to reach the final margin.
- Rams senior keeper Corey Davidge made nine saves while Nate Flanders made one save in net for Messiah.
- Messiah outshot the Rams 23-to-6 and were award five corner kicks to the Rams one.
- Messiah advances to the second round of the Div. III Tournament and will face the winner of SUNY Oneonta and Babson College on Sunday afternoon.