Boston, Mass.- A two-goal night from Nilton De Andrade (Fogo, Cape Verde) carried men's soccer to their fourth straight win as they knocked-off Framingham State University by the final of 3-0 Tuesday evening in a rain soaked affair at James Cotter Field.
- Score: UMass Boston 3, Framingham State 0
- Records: UMass Boston (11-2-2), Framingham State (8-7-1)
- Location: James Cotter Field – Boston, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Nick Fontana (Marshfield, Mass.), who got the Beacons on the scoreboard in the first half, as he knocked-in his seventh goal of the season. The forward connected on a cross from Yasser El Hasnaoui (Marrakesh, Morocco), who brought the ball up the middle of the field, while powering through multiple Rams' backs.
- The Beacons would control the momentum of the first half, while firing-off multiple chances at net. As the rain continued to come down harder and harder, the two teams began to stretch the field.
- UMass Boston was able to maintain possession despite the ball skipping off the soaked turf.
- After the break, De Andrade would net both of his goals in a five-minute span to secure the win.
- His first tally, which came in the 64th minute was the result of some solid footwork, as he beat the Rams' defender one-on-one before unloading his shot to the far post. In the 70th minute, he would showcase his foot skills as he beat both the backs and Framingham state goalkeeper James Hartshorn to secure the shutout.
- The Beacons defense was solid from start to finish as goalkeepers Omar Castro Dreher (Woonsocket, R.I.) and Sandro van Kuijck combined for three saves in the non-conference win.
The Rams return to action on Saturday, October 26th when they travel to Salem State in matchup of the league's two unbeaten teams.