Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team received a match-best 14 kills and 12 digs from sophomore Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) as the Rams defeated Becker College 3-0 in non-conference action this evening at the Athletic Center.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Becker 0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-14)
- Records: Framingham State (11-9), Becker College (5-12)
- Location: Athletic Center - Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
· Thomas collected 14 kills on 35 attempts with five errors for a .257 attack percentage to go along with her 12 digs.
· Freshman Hailey Sanders (Franklin, Mass.) chipped in with eight kills on 18 swings with a single error for a .389 attack percentage. Sanders also added six blocks including four solo.
· Junior Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) added 32 set assists and seven digs for the Rams.
· The Hawks were paced by six kills and a game-high 19 digs from senior Morgan Gould.
· Sophomore Joanna Bampi chipped in with 17 defensive digs and a kill, while senior Sofia Cullina recorded four kills and five digs.
· Becker led 6-3 in the opening frame before the Rams came back and took the lead at 8-7. The Rams extended the lead to as many as eight (19-11) before securing the victory in the set.
· In the second, the frame was tied 13-13 when the Rams scored three straight to take control and never trailed again.
· The Rams opened the third hot building a 7-3 lead and extending it to 16-8. Becker used a run to close the gap to 18-14, but the Rams scored the final seven points of the match to secure the victory.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Elms for a non-conference match beginning at 1 p.m., while the Hawks travel to Nichols on Thursday at 7 p.m.