Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State volleyball team picked up their first win of the season defeating Regis College by a score of 3-1 at ENC Invitational Friday afternoon in Quincy.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Regis College 1 (25-11, 25-18, 14-25, 25-21)
- Records: Framingham State (1-1), Regis College (1-1)
- Location: Lahue PE Center – Quincy, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Anna Szymanski (Harwinton, Conn.) paced the Rams with nine kills while Payton Hodsdon (Somersworth, NH), Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.), and Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) all finished with seven kills.
- Katryna Veasey led the Pride with a match-best 21 kills while Karly Sanborn and Tori Ondris both registered 22 assists.
- Framingham State rolled to wins in the first two sets to establish a 2-0 lead. Regis rebounded to triumph 25-14 in the third to cut the deficit to 2-1. The Rams answered with a 25-21 decision in the fourth to secure their first victory of the year.
- Up next, Eastern Nazarene will battle Framingham State and Regis on the final day of the ENC Invitational September 7.