Bristol, RI – The Framingham State University men's basketball team outscored Bowdoin 50-39 in the second half but it was not enough to erase a 40-20 halftime deficit as the Rams were defeated 79-70 by Bowdoin College this evening at the RWU/Courtyard by Marriott Tournament.
- Scores: Bowdoin 79, Framingham State 70
- Records: Framingham State (0-3), Bowdoin (1-0)
- Location: Campus Recreation Center – Bristol, RI
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led offensively by 18 points and three rebounds from senior Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg, Mass.).
- Junior Cameren McCloud-Thomas (Fitchburg, Mass.) added 11 points and five rebounds, while Dominique Jenkins-Maxwell added 12 points on five-of-six off the bench for the Rams.
- Bowdoin saw four players record double figures led by 21, including the 1000th of his career, from David Reynolds.
- Zavier Rucker poured in 18 points on five-of-six from the floor, while Sam Grad added 14 and Taiga Kagitomi added 10 and seven boards.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bowdoin shot 56% from the field in the opening half as they built a 20-point lead by intermission.
- The Polar Bears never trailed, taking as many as a 26-point lead in the opening stanza.
- Framingham State connected on 64% of their shots in the second half in an attempt to get back into the contest.
- The Rams closed the gap to as little as five points, 72-67, with under two minutes to play, but Reynolds hit back-to-back three-pointers in the final 90 seconds to seal the victory for Bowdoin.
The Rams are back in action tomorrow afternoon when they face Elms in the consolation game of the 2019 RWU/Courtyard by Marriott Tournament at 1 p.m.