Kissimmee, Fla. – The Framingham State University baseball team received a complete game effort from senior Al Wallach (Nahant, Mass.) and scored six runs in the top of the ninth inning to come from behind and defeat Washington University (Mo.) 8-2 this afternoon at the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational.
- Scores: Framingham State 8, Washington (Mo.) 2
- Records: Framingham State (4-2), Washington (Mo.) (9-3-1)
- Location: Osceola Heritage Park – Kissimmee, Fla.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After allowing two runs on four hits in the bottom of the first inning, Wallach settled in and allowed no runs on five hits over the final eight innings with four strikeouts.
- In the bottom of the first, the Bears received an RBI single John Brinkman for their first run and Evan Nagle scored on the back end of a double steal for their final run of the game.
- The Rams got on the board in the top of the third. Senior Aaron Williams (Brockton, Mass.) walked and classmate Kyle Lippert (Carlsbad, Calif.) followed with a single that put runners on the corners. Junior Andrew Curtis (Dracut, Mass.) hit a line drive up the middle that hit off the
- Bears pitcher allowing Williams to score from third.The Rams tied the game in the top of eighth inning. Lippert singled to left and after an out senior Kyle Dembrowski (Natick, Mass.) followed with a walk. Senior Joe Ambrosino (Bradeton, Fla.) walked to load the bases and a balk on the Bear pitcher allowed Lippert to score the game tying run from third.
- The Rams took control of the game in the top of the ninth with six runs to secure the win. Freshman Gino DeSimone (Medford, Mass.) led off the inning with a walk and moved to second on a wild pitch. Classmate Jonathan Cloutier (Falmouth, Mass.) singled to left and Williams walked to load the bases. Lippert delivered an RBI single up the middle and Curtis followed with a two run single to left. After an out, Ambrosino delivered a two run triple to right center and junior Bobby Higgins (Barnstable, Mass.) plated the final run with a single to left.
- Wallach retired the first batter of the ninth and an error on the Rams put a runner on first, but Wallach was able to record the final two outs and secure the victory.
- Lippert finished the game going three-for-five at the plated with an RBI and two runs scored, while Curtis finished with two hits, a run scored and three RBI. Higgins chipped in with three hits, while Cloutier had two.
The Rams are back in action tomorrow afternoon when they play a pair of games against Farmingdale State beginning at 2 p.m.