Franklin, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team received a match-best 18 kills from sophomore Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) as the Rams defeated Dean College 3-0 this evening in non-conference action at Pieri Gymnasium.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Dean College 0 (25-8, 25-23, 25-22)
- Records: Framingham State (2-4), Dean (0-6)
- Location: Pieri Gymnasium - Franklin, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams opened the match with a dominant performance in the opening set, recording 17 kills and just one attack error on their way to a 25-8 triumph.
- Dean woke up in the second set and pushed Framingham State and were in front 16-14 until the Rams went on a run and took a 19-16 lead. The Bulldogs tied the frame at 19-19 and 20-20 but the Rams took control and got a set-sealing kill from Thomas to take a 25-22 win.
- It looked as if Dean might take the third set as they held the lead for most of the set and were in front 22-18 when Framingham State went on a spurt courtesy of a few Dean miscues and when freshman Hailey Sanders (Franklin, Mass.) delivered a kill of her own, the set was tied 23-23. The Rams then ended match courtesy of two Bulldog ball-handling errors, 25-23.
- In addition to Thomas' standout offensive showing, FSU got a match-high 30 digs from sophomore Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ).
- Sophomore Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) and freshman Natalie Reid (North Attleboro, Mass.) combined for 21 set assists, while senior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) chipped in with three kills and 12 defensive digs.
- Dean was paced by Melanie Rios-Nevarez (Alta Vega, Puerto Rico), who finished with nine kills and 12 digs and Sadie Homer (North Easton, Mass.) who doled out 16 assists and corralled 12 digs.
The Rams are back in action at home on Saturday when they host Salve Regina and Rhode Island College for a non-conference tri-match at 11 a.m.