Quincy, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team dropped a pair of matches this afternoon in non-conference action at the Eastern Nazarene Invitational. The Rams were defeated 3-0 by the University of New England in their first match before falling to the host Lions 3-0.
- Scores: UNE 3, Framingham State 0 (25-22, 26-24, 25-13)
Eastern Nazarene 3, Framingham State 0 (25-22, 25-15, 25-7)
- Records: Framingham State (1-3), UNE (4-1), Eastern Nazarene (2-3)
- Location: Eastern Nazarene - Quincy, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Hailey Sanders paced the Rams on the attack against the University of New England collecting eight kills on 17 attempts, while adding a pair of blocks.
- Classmate Anna Szymanski added seven kills on her 30 attempts to go along with two digs and a block.
- Sophomore Alyssa Cafarelli paced the back row with 13 defensive digs, while senior Deirdre Fay finished with four kills and six digs.
- Against the Lions, Sanders once again paced the attack effort with nine kills on 16 swings with just two errors.
- Szymanski added seven kills and four digs, while junior Brandey Rodriguez added five kills and two digs.
- Cafarelli recorded eight digs, while Fay chipped in with three kills and five digs. Junior Jenna Marquis added six digs.
- Natalie Reid and Mogan Failla combined for 22 set assists for the Rams.
The Rams are back in action Tuesday night when they host Western New England at 7 p.m.