Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team opened the 2019 season this evening and were defeated 3-0 by Plymouth State University in non-conference action at the Athletic Center.
- Score: Plymouth State 3, Framingham State 0 (25-21, 25-23, 25-18)
- Records: Framingham State (0-1), Plymouth State (5-0)
- Location: Athletic Center - Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Panthers took the opening set 25-23 and rattled off two straight points with the scored tied at 23-23 to close the second taking the frame 25-23. In the third, the set was tied 14-14 before the Panthers scored three straight to take the lead for good in the set and secure the victory in the match.
- Senior Lex Bowers paced the Panthers on the attack with 10 kills on 25 attempts with just two errors. She also added eight digs in the match.
- Junior Carabeth Norklun added nine kills and Emilee Flanagan chipped in with seven.
- Maria Wimpey added seven defensive digs, while Brooke Beaudet added four kills and six digs.
- The Rams were paced by eight kills from freshman Anna Szymanski (Harwinton, Conn.).
- Classmate Hailey Sanders (Franklin, Mass.) added six kills, two solo blocks and four block assists, while fellow freshman Natalie Reid (North Attleboro, Mass.) added six kills, 10 set assists, three block assists and seven digs.
- Sophomore Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) contributed a game-high 13 digs, while sophomore Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) added 14 set assists.
The Rams are back in action on Friday and Saturday when they travel Eastern Nazarene College for a tournament, while the Panthers are back in action this weekend at the Granite State Challenge.