Framingham, Mass.- The UMass Boston women's soccer team defeated host Framingham State by a score of 5-0 in non-conference action Tuesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: UMass Boston 5, Framingham State 0
- Records: UMass Boston (15-2), Framingham State (2-11-1)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Beacons jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 19th minute when Grace Oliver (Rockland, Mass.) beat the Rams keeper with an assist from Allie Crawford (Kingstown, Mass.).
- Grace McGettrick (Marshfield, Mass.) added to the lead a few moments later with Crawford again assisting.
- The Beacons added a third goal in in the 42nd minute when Allie Crawford (Kingstown, Mass.) got in on the action to send the teams to the break with the Beacons up 3-0.
- The Beacons padded their lead in the second half with scores from Dani Anderson (St. Augustine, FL) and Crawford to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- UMB outshot the Rams 33-to-2 including an 18-to-0 clip in the first half.
- Maria Spylios (Leominster, Mass.) earned the win in net playing the first half before being relieved by Abby McCulloch (Weymouth, Mass.).
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made 17 stops in net for the Rams.
The Rams return to action on Saturday, October 26th when they host Salem State on senior day at Maple Street Field. The Beacons will host Keene State in Little East play on the same day.