Framingham, Mass.- Framingham State junior Jasmine Lees (Middleboro, Mass.) scored two second half goals to lead the Rams to a 3-2 win over Fitchburg State in MASCAC action Friday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Fitchburg State 2
- Records: Framingham State (1-4-1, 1-0 MASCAC), Fitchburg State (2-5, 0-1 MASCAC)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons got on the board in the 6th minute when Elizabeth Read (Lowell, Mass.) finished a pass from Mollie Burke (Athol, Mass.) right to left to take a 1-0 advantage.
- The Rams answered in the 20th minute when Samantha Beninati (West Newbury, Mass.) tipped in her own rebound to knot the game at one all.
- Read tallied again for Fitchburg late in the 1st half to send the teams to the break with the Falcons up 2-1.
- In the 51st minute Lees scored off an assist from Beninati and then less than five minutes later a Falcons foul set up a direct kick from 25 yards that Lees buried.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made 18 saves in the win for the Rams. Sarah Hemmings (Eastham, Mass.) turned away seven in the setback for Fitchburg.
- The Falcons outshot the Rams 24-to-17 in the contest and took 6 corners to the Rams 2 despite the loss.
The Rams return to action on Thursday, September 26th when they host Roger Williams at 4pm. The Falcons will host New England College on Tuesday, September 24th at 4pm.