Framingham, Mass.- The Regis College women's soccer team defeated Framingham State by a score of 7-0 Tuesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Regis College 7, Framingham State 0
- Records: Regis College (1-1) , Framingham State (0-2)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Pride broke through in the opening minutes when Valerie Gordon (Hudson, NH) scored with an assist from Kaylee Francis (Millis, Mass.) just 3:22 into the game.
- The Rams had a good look early in the first half but Pride keeper Ori Attridge (Westwood, Mass.) made the stop to keep the Rams off the board.
- The Pride answered with two more scores midway through the first to extend their lead to 3-0 entering the break.
- Regis picked up a quick tally 30 seconds into the second frame to move it to 4-0 and scored three more times before time expired.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Attridge made one save in net before being relieved by Angie Caldwell (Goffstown, NH) to start the second half.
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made seven saves in goal for the Rams.
- Francis led all scorers with a goal and three assists while Alex Mahar (Reading, Mass.) tallied two scores.
- The Pride outshot the Rams 39-to-5.
- The Rams return to action on Saturday, September 7th when they host WPI at 11am. The Pride host Lesley on the same day at 2:30pm.