Framingham, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team tallied 12 first half goals as the Rams rolled to a 15-4 victory over Wellesley College in non-conference action at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 15, Wellesley 4
- Records: Framingham State (7-3), Wellesley (4-5)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams jumped out to a 4-0 lead just under five minutes into the game and pushed the lead to 9-0 at the midway mark of the frame. The Rams kept the Blue off the board in the first half limiting them to just nine shots in the stanza while the Rams fired 21 connecting on 12 of them for the 12-0 lead at the break.
- The Rams scored two out of the gate to start the second half before Dacia Persky got the Blue on the board at 19:09 of the second. The Blue added two more cutting the gap to 14-3 before the two team traded tallies over the final five minutes to reach the final score.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath (Bedford, Mass.) earned the win for the Rams making three saves, while Lorna Li took the loss for the Blue making five stops.
- The Rams offense was paced by junior Morgan Begley (Belchertown, Mass.) who tallied three goals with a pair of helpers, while classmate Grace Gamache (Dartmouth, Mass.) added two markers and four assists.
- Sophomore Alissa Marino (Trumbull, Conn.) added four goals and an assist, while classmate Hanna McMahon (Watertown, Mass.) scored three times with one assist.
- The Rams finished with a 26-14 edge in shots, while the Rams controlled 13 draws to nine for the Blue.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday night when they travel to Smith for a non-conference contest beginning at 7 p.m. The Blue travel to Southern Maine on Wednesday at 6 p.m.