Clermont, Fla. – The Framingham State University softball team received three hits and three RBI from sophomore Camille Desrochers (Westford, Mass.) as the Rams defeated Bethany 11-5 this morning at the PFX Games, before being defeated 3-0 by Bowdoin College.
- Scores: Framingham State 11, Bethany 5
Bowdoin 3, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (2-4), Bethany (0-3), Bowdoin (8-3)
- Location: Legends Way – Clermont, Fla.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
FSU vs. Bethany -
- Bethany got on the board first in the top of the third on an RBI triple from Erica Amorosa, but the Rams plated a seven spot in the bottom of the inning taking control of the game.
- The Rams batted around in the bottom of the third sending 13 hitters to the plate as they scored seven runs. Junior Mycala Moody (North Attleboro, Mass.) plated the first run with a bloop single to left and sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) followed with an RBI single.
- Moody scored the third run of the inning on a failed pickoff attempt at third and freshman Laela Pepin (Acushnet, Mass.) plated a pair with a double to right center. Junior Kaylea Sherman (North Attleboro, Mass.) drove in a run with a single down the leftfield line and Desrochers capped the inning with an RBI bases loaded walk.
- Bethany got three runs back in the top of the fifth as Emily Folk scored a pair on a single that was misplayed in the Rams outfield. Their final run of the game came when Kaitlyn Mills was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded.
- The Rams batted around in the bottom of the fifth scoring four more times pushing the lead to 11-4. Desrochers delivered a two run single to left with the bases loaded and Caughey plated a run with a sacrifice fly to center. Senior Lauren Salisbury (Cranston, RI) plated the final run of the game for the Rams on an RBI single to left.
- Bethany added a final run in the top of the seventh to reach the final margin.
- Desrochers finished the game three-for-four with two runs scored, three RBI and a double. Junior Kirsten Dick (Tewksbury, Mass.) finished the game going three-for-three at the dish with two run scored and a walk, while Pepin also picked up three hits with two RBI and a run scored.
- Salisbury and sophomore Victoria Ziner (Easton, Mass.) finished the game with two hits apiece.
- Senior Kelsi Gunarathne (North Providence, RI) earned the victory in the circle going six and a third allowing two runs, one earned, on five hits with no walks and three strikeouts.
FSU vs. Bowdoin -
- Bowdoin's Samantha Roy tossed a gem against the Rams taking a perfect game into the bottom of the seventh inning. Desrochers worked a leadoff walk in the bottom of the seventh and was the Rams only runner in the game as Roy was able to retire the next three hitters to complete the no hitter. Roy walked one while striking out 10 in the game and faced just one batter more than the minimum.
- Bowdoin got on the board in the top of the fourth when Kasey Cunningham scored from third on a wild pitch and Karlye Pallotta drove in a run with a single to center.
- The Bears would tack on a third run in the top of the sixth on an RBI double up the middle from Samantha Valdivia to reach the final margin.
- Caughey pitched well for the Rams but took the loss in the circle going seven innings allowing three runs, all earned, on five hits with no walks and two strikeouts.
The Rams are back in action on Thursday when they face Buffalo State and Carleton in a pair of games at Hancock Park.