Framingham, Mass.- Framingham State senior goalie Corey Davidge was named Tournament MVP making four saves and posting his second consecutive shutout to lead the Rams to the 2019 MASCAC Championship in a 1-0 win over Salem State Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field. With the win the Rams capture the league's automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament and will await tournament seeding which is announced on Monday at 1:30pm on NCAA.com.
- Score: Framingham State 1, Salem State 0
- Records: Framingham State (12-8-2), Salem State (11-5-3)
- Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- About ten minutes into the game Salem's goalkeeper Christopher Jimenez crashed and headed a dangerous ball near the top of the 18, Rams sophomore Nahuel Algibay gathered the ball about 25 yards out and chipped a shot towards the wide-open net that went just over the crossbar.
- The Vikings had a good look in the 34th minute when Ali Ewiess sprung free but near the top of the box but his shot went wide left and the two teams went into the break scoreless.
- The Rams got on the board in the 47th minute when Bryce Nardizzi sent a pass over to Ibrahim Kyeyune who gathered and sent a strike from right to left into the top corner of the net.
- The Vikings had a good look in the 72nd minute when Ewiess again had a look from a sharp angle then went wide as the Rams defense would hold the Vikings down the rest of the way.
- The Rams held a heavy advantage in shots 22-to-8 and a 13-to-3 margin in the first stanza.
- Vikings keeper Christopher Jimenez made seven saves while Tournamnet MVP Corey Davidge turned away four shots for the Rams.