Framingham, Mass.- The top seeded Framingham State men's soccer team used two first half goals to send the Rams over #4 seeded Worcester State and advance to the 2019 MASCAC Championship on Sunday. The Rams will host #2 seed Salem State at noon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 2, Worcester State 0
- Records: Framingham State (10-8-2), Worcester State (9-10-1)
- Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After controlling most of the possession in the early portion of the game it looked like the Rams were going to break through in the 27th minute when Isaac De Souza sent in a strike from the top of the 18 that hit the cross bar and was cleared out of danger.
- In the 30th minute the Rams broke through after a Lancers foul just outside the 18 set up a free kick, junior Bryce Nardizzi snuck a shot inside the left post for the 1-0 advantage. Moments later a freshman Gustavo Cassemiro headed in a beautiful cross from classmate Dante Mancini to go up 2-0.
- Worcester looked to have a great chance in the final minutes of the 1st half but their free kick from just outside the 18 was saved by Rams senior keeper Corey Davidge to keep them off the board.
- In the 62nd minute junior Liren Halle headed a great chance that was again saved impressively by Davidge. The Rams keeper made another great save with just over ten minutes to play when a Lancers player gathered a one-time pass from 15 yards that Davidge swatted out of play.
- The Rams held a 27-to-14 advantage in shots in the contest include a 17-to-2 margin in the first half.
- Davidge finished the night with twelve saves while his counterpart senior Henri Guilmette made eight saves in net for the Lancers.