Boston, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team played to a 0-0 draw with Emerson College Monday evening at Rotch Field.
- Score: Emerson College 0, Framingham State 0
- Records: Emerson College (2-9-2), Framingham State (7-6-1)
- Location: Boston, Mass. – Rotch Field
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Teams played to a scoreless draw in the first half, with both teams being unable to take chances and find the opening score. Nahuel Algibay (Montevideo, Uruguay) of Framingham State had the best chance of the half, when he rounded the keeper but his shot hit the side of the net for the Rams.
- Neither side was able to break through in the second half as well, with this time the Lions having the best chance of the half. Rj Dzeijma (Flanders, N.J.) took a shot from just outside the 18-yard box that just skirted past the outside post, and kept the score tied at 0.
- Aiden Ferguson (Berkeley, Calif.) darted forward and found himself running onto a free ball right outside of the 18-yard box. Ferguson fired a right-footed shot that beat the goalkeeper but hit off the crossbar and kept the score tied.
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net in the second overtime period, bringing the game to an end with a final score of 0-0.
- David Kemp (London, England) made nine stops for the Lions. John Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made three saves in regulation before being relieved by his older brother Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) for the final 20.
- The Rams outshot the Lions 17-to-13 in the contest.
The Rams return to action on Friday, October 18th when they to MASCAC foe Bridgewater State for a 3:30pm kickoff.