Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team scored three unanswered goals in the second half to capture a 4-1 victory over Dean College Wednesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 4, Dean College 1
- Records: Framingham State (6-6), Dean College (4-7)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams looked like they would take the early lead about 17 minutes in when after a corner Dante Mancini (Hopedale, MA) sent in a strike that was saved by Dean keeper Bryce Antoch (Cranston, RI). The rebound went to the feet of Gustavo Cassemiro (Minas Gerais, Brazil) but his shot hit the post and was cleared out of danger.
- Antoch made another beautiful kick save in the 22nd minute on a point-blank shot to preserve the tie.
- The Rams got on the scoreboard in the 31st minute when Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) chipped in a shot that was crossed by Ibrahum Kyeyune (Kampla, Uganda).
- The Bulldogs answered just over five minute later wen Paulo Correia (Fogo, Cape Verde) sent in a rebound off a shot originally sent in by Luke Palmer (Windsor Locks, Conn.).
- Antoch made another sliding save in the final minute of the first half to keep the game tied going into half.
- After continuing the shot onslaught in the 2nd the Rams finally scored when Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) snuck in a strike inside the right post to take a 2-1 advantage.
- Dean looked to have a chance to tie moments later but Rams keeper James Hartshorn (Chelmsford, Mass.) made a sliding tackle on a breakaway to clear the danger.
- The Rams added an insurance goal with just over ten minutes to play when Cassemiro scored off a long pass from Bryant Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.). Bryant Nardizzi added his own insurance in the 85th minute to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hartshorn made four saves in net for the win. His counterpart, Antoch was impressive turning away 16 Rams attempts.
- The Rams outshot the Bulldogs 46-to-7 in the contest including a 27-to-2 mark in the second half.
The Bulldogs return to action on Saturday, October 12th when they travel to UMaine-Farmington. The Rams will host Westfield State on the same day at 2pm in a MASCAC match.