Boston, Mass. – The Framingham State University men's basketball team was defeated 76-60 by host University of Massachusetts Boston in the first game of the 2nd Annual Paula Titus Memorial Tournament this evening at the Clark Athletic Center.
- Scores: UMass Boston 76, Framingham State 60
- Records: Framingham State (0-6), UMass Boston (4-0)
- Location: Clark Athletic Center – Boston, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams saw a trio of players record double figures led by 16 points apiece form Colin Myers (Framingham, Mass.) and junior Cameren McCloud-Thomas (Springfield, Mass.) off the bench. Myers connected on 5-of-11 from the floor including 4-of-10 from behind the arc. McCloud-Thomas added seven rebounds.
- Senior Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg, Mass.) added 11 points, three rebounds, five assists and two steals.
- UMass Boston was led by a game-high 21 points from Charles Mitchell. Mitchell connected on 9-of-15 from the floor and added three boards, two assists and a steal
- Michael Boyd added 17 points, five rebounds and five assists for the Beacons, while Dasan Cinelli chipped in with 12 points and seven rebounds.
- The Beacons shot 52% from the floor for the game including 44% from behind the arc, while the Rams shot 33% from the field and just 25% from behind the arc.
- The Beacons held a 34-20 edge in points in the paint, but the Rams were able to convert 17 Beacon turnovers into nine points.
With the loss, the Rams will face wither WPI/Eastern Nazarene tomorrow in the consolation game of the tournament at 2 p.m., while the Beacons await the winner at 4 p.m.