Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State field hockey team defeated Rivier University by a score of 3-1 in non-conference action Thursday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Rivier University 1
- Records: Framingham State (3-7), Rivier University (5-5)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board about ten minutes in when Mallory Weir (Bear, DE) tipped in a long strike from Grace Thompson (Kennebunk, ME) for the early 1-0 lead.
- The Raiders answered when Hunter Langley (Londonderry, NH) tipped in a rebound to tie the game back at one.
- The Rams answered late in the first half when Jordyn O'Boyle (Bradford, Mass.) sent in a pass from Bella Kondi (Canaan, NH).
- The Rams got an insurance in the 55th minute when Corlene Guenard (Acton, Mass.) scored off a pass from Marissa Dias (Attleboro, Mass.).
- The Raiders had an opportunity to cut into the lead late in the 4th with a 2-on-0 breakaway couldn't complete the play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) made thre stops in net for the Rams.
- Katie Olsen (Saugus, Mass.) turned away five attempts for the Raiders.
- The Rams outshot the Raiders 10-to-7 in the contest and were awarded five penalty corners to Rivier's two.
The Rams return to the field on Saturday, October 5th when they travel to Salem State for a Little East Conference matchup. The Raiders will travel to Becker on Tuesday, October 8th for a 4pm tilt.