Framingham, Mass.- The Castleton State field hockey team defeated Framingham State by a score of 6-0 Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Castleton 6, Framingham State 0
- Records: Castleton (3-3, 2-0 LEC), Framingham State (1-4. 1-1 LEC)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a very even 1st quarter the Spartans got on the board in the 19th minute when Kaitlin Bardellini (Northfield, NH) finished a pass from Gabriella Hunt (Granville, NY) to go up 1-0.
- The Spartans scored again in the 30th minute when Allison Lowell (Brandon, VT) found the back of the cage. Bardellini and Lowell each scored again in the 3rd quarter to go into the 4th up 4-0.
- The Rams had a good chance to get on the board in the 4th but Megan Ryan (Middlesex, VT) cleared the ball of the goal line.
- The visitors added two more scores in the 4th to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tashia Pashby-Rockwood (Williston, VT ) made five saves for the Spartans. Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) turned away 18 shots for the Rams.
- Castleton outshot the Rams 33-to-7 and by a 25-to-3 margin in the second half.
The Rams return to action when they host Eastern Connecticut State on Wednesday, September 25th at 4pm. Castleton travels to Keene State on the same day.