Salem, Mass. - The Framingham State University baseball team rapped out 15 hits, scoring 13 runs but fell short 15-13 to Salem State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action this afternoon at Central Campus Field.
- Scores: Salem State 15, Framingham State 13
- Records: Framingham State (9-9, 3-1 MASCAC), Salem State (9-7, 3-1 MASCAC)
- Location: Central Campus – Salem, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams started the scoring in their first at bat of the day with senior Joe Ambrosino delivering an RBI double to right center.
- The Vikings scored twice in the bottom of the second and three times in the bottom of the third taking a 5-1 lead.
- The Rams put up five runs in the top of the fourth reclaiming the lead, 6-5. Senior Kyle Dembrowksi plated the first run with a single and freshman Jonathan Cloutier followed with an RBI single of his own. Senior Aaron Williams reached on an error scoring the third run of the frame and Kyle Lippert followed with an RBI ground out. Junior Andrew Curtis capped the inning with an RBI single to center.
- A single run by the Vikings in the bottom of the inning tied the game at 6-6, before the Rams scored seven times in the sixth taking a 13-6 lead. Dembrowski delivered a two run double in the inning.
- Salem State scored nine runs in the seventh and eighth innings to secure the victory.
- Kevin Scerra took the loss for the Rams going two thirds of an inning in relief allowing two earned runs on three hits.
- Junior Bobby Higgins went three-for-five for the Rams with a run scored and an RBI, while Debrowski finished the game two-for-five at the plate with two runs scored and three RBI.
- Williams, Curtis, Ambrosino and Cloutier recorded two hits apiece for the Rams.
The Rams are back in action on Friday afternoon when they host Westfield State in the first game of a three game series at the NEBC at 2 p.m.